‘It took me 10 years to produce ‘Head Gone’ – Baba Dee

Forum 9 years ago

‘It took me 10 years to produce ‘Head Gone’ – Baba Dee

Dare Fasasi othe rwise known as Baba Dee, has revealed that his recently-produced star-studded comedy film, Head Gone took him about 10 years to produce.
[ads4]
Baba Bee, who is also a popular dancehall musician and actor, said the idea of the movie was inspired by ace comedian,Bright Okpocha, aka Basketmouth.

In a recent interview with Punch, Baba Dee said: ‘I got the premise from Basketmouth but it originally belonged to Great Gadoki. I started developing the story and creating the characters. For 10 years, I was working on it.’
The movie, Head Gone will premiere in Lagos on November 22 and afterwards open for screening in cinemas across the country from December 12, 2014.
Musicians, film makers/producers, entertainment brand owners, film distributors, marketers and government officials, Fasasi said, are expected at the premiere event. Regarding the importance of the film to the current season, Fasasi explained: ‘It is aimed at making people laugh during the Christmas and New Year holidays. There is so much to learn from it. It shows the thin line between sanity and insanity. The assembly of artistes is very unusual. We have targeted top entertainers and premium brands. You cannot talk about Nigeria comedy without Ali Baba, Basong and Basketmouth. They are the kings of the industry, and will feature,’ he said.
The film features A-list entertainers and comedians such as Ali Baba, Zack Orji, 2face Idibia, Soundsultan,Saka, Akpororo, Eniola Badmus, Osakioduwa, Basketmouthand Baba Dee himself. The soundtrack was produced by his fellow music star brother, Soundsultan who also worked as the co-producer on the project.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 5 hours ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

28 Years Later Cast Adds Aaron Taylor Johnson & Ralph Fiennes
Forum | 7 hours ago

28 Years Later Cast Adds Aaron Taylor Johnson & Ralph Fiennes

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 23 hours ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties
Forum | 1 day ago

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties