‘Sexual abuse happens more in banks than Nollywood’ – Bayray Mcwizu

Forum 9 years ago

‘Sexual abuse happens more in banks than Nollywood’ – Bayray Mcwizu

Nollywood actress, Eberechukwu Nwizubetter known as Bayray Mcwizu started her journey in the movie industry after winning the third edition of the Amstel Malta Box Office reality show popularly known as (AMBO) in 2007.

In a recent interview with Vanguard, the pretty actress narrates her experience with the sex-for-role syndrome plaguing the movie industry, which she said is called ‘Casting couch.’
‘Of course, I have been approached; I have been asked this question and I have said ‘no’ because I never engaged in it. But the offers have come up’.

She added that: ‘It happens the same way a man tells a woman ‘I like you; I will like to take care of you’. It’s the same thing. This one is not wooing though, they want to collect something in exchange for something .It happens everywhere even in the banking industry. After working with Mr Obi Emelonye on his crime series, Calabash which is about the craziness of the banking industry, I discovered that the movie industry does not even come close in sexual harassment in comparison to what happens in the bank industry.
[ads4]
But because we are in the open and on screens people see us more and adjudge us the worst. The person that is seen often takes the blame whereas everybody does it. It’s more rampant in other industries. Yes, it happens. Directors have tried to come to me and made such moves.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Why Actresses Hardly Have Happy Relationships – Nollywood Star, Stella Udeze Speaks
Forum | 1 day ago

Why Actresses Hardly Have Happy Relationships – Nollywood Star, Stella Udeze Speaks

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On
Forum | 1 day ago

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On

YouTube Is Being Messed Up By Some Nollywood Actors - Kanayo Laments
Forum | 3 days ago

YouTube Is Being Messed Up By Some Nollywood Actors - Kanayo Laments

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music
Forum | 4 days ago

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music