‘How I became involved with October 1’ – Demola Adedoyin

Forum 9 years ago

‘How I became involved with October 1’ – Demola Adedoyin

Although Demola Adedoyin can easily be tagged as one accustomed to wealth, his father,Samuel Adedoyin sits atop a multibillion naira empire at Doyin Group of Companies; the young man doesn’t have the look, manners or mindset of one driven by money or business expansion.

The fast rising actor, who is also a model and musician, is charting a different course for himself and is currently known for his role as Prince Aderopo, the male lead role in Kunle Afolayan’s latest movie, October 1.

In the role, Demola is so convincing in the film that not even realising he is a relative of the producer and director takes anything away from the merit of his class acting.

Apart from acting, Demola has great interest in graphics and audio-visuals which saw him earning a Masters in Media and Communication from the Metropolitan University of London while he also studied Film Directing at the Central Film School, London.

In a recent chat with PremiumTimes, he narrated his experience on the set of the Kunle Afolayan-directed movie: ‘It was an uplifting experience.

‘Of course, he’s a high pressure individual while on the project and some found it tedious but I let it energise me.
[ads4]
Also, he made me understand the brief ahead of me, breaking down expectations down before he unleashed me.
‘He gives you a baseline and says, ‘Take it from there. It’s your show. It was a close-knit bubble of very diverse characters, so there was never a dull moment. Really, the only calm moments were in scenes that required calm.’
Speaking on how he got the role of Prince Aderopo, Demola said: ‘I was called in for a private reading in Kunle’s office. Then I did the same with other possible contenders at the open audition where Tunde Babalola, the writer of the script, was heavily involved.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension
Forum | 3 days ago

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension

Ex-South African President Jacob Zuma Involved In Car Crash As Drunk Driver Collides With His Vehicle
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Ex-South African President Jacob Zuma Involved In Car Crash As Drunk Driver Collides With His Vehicle

Singer, Shallipopi And Davido
Forum | 2 months ago

Singer, Shallipopi And Davido's Aide, Israel DMW Involved In Car Crash (Video)

Customs Announces Arrest Of Fraudster Involved In Recruitment Scam
Forum | 2 months ago

Customs Announces Arrest Of Fraudster Involved In Recruitment Scam