Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015?

Forum 9 years ago

Majek Fashek: “I Am Going Into Politics In 2015?

I swear this article got me laughing more than anything else today, hahahahahahaha!!!!!
Here it is, veteran Nigerian musician, Majek Fashekhas seriously opened up today and said he intends to go into politics in 2015.

The ‘Send Down The Rain’ singer who ruled Nigerian music in the early 90s believes he has the power to support political aspirants next year.

In an interview with Pulse, Majek Fashek revealed that he is making the step into the political world to support the President of Nigeria,Goodluck Jonathan, and push him for re-election in next year’s general election.

“Next year, I’m going to be entering into politics. I am going to be in the PDP”,Majek declared.“I will support the president. I will support the president and the governor, that’s why I enter into politics. With my knowledge in the American world, presidency is not my calling, I’m a revolutionary musician, so what I can do with the power God gave to me is to support the government so that they can help the poor.”

Majek Fashek also revealed that he has no interest in occupying Aso Rock. For him, it is too much of work to be the president.
“The presidency is too much work, I don’t like it. Instead of me to become a president, I will support the president.”

Majek Fashek also believes we are in an era of political transformation, and the only good choice of government lies in continuation.
[ads4]
“In 2015, I am supporting Goodluck Jonathan, because he needs a second term like Obama. We are in the political era, and we are going into political transition. We either re-elect Goodluck Jonathan or somebody else. But so far, I think Goodluck needs second term to try his best.”
Majek Fashek will be performing at the ‘Africa Meets Reggae And World Music International Festival’ on November 29, at the National Stadium, Lagos. He will be joined by other veteran acts such as Victor Essiet, Ortis Williki and Righteous Man

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Jnr Pope’s Wife Reportedly On Medical Care After Going Unconscious
Forum | 6 days ago

Jnr Pope’s Wife Reportedly On Medical Care After Going Unconscious

How 14-Year-Old Girl Slumped, Died In Hotel Room After Going There With 17-Year-Old Lover In Bayelsa
Forum | 1 week ago

How 14-Year-Old Girl Slumped, Died In Hotel Room After Going There With 17-Year-Old Lover In Bayelsa

LaKeith Stanfield Reacts to New Silver Surfer Julia Garner: ‘I Thought It Was Going to Be Me’
Forum | 2 weeks ago

LaKeith Stanfield Reacts to New Silver Surfer Julia Garner: ‘I Thought It Was Going to Be Me’

EPL: You aren’t going anywhere – Clichy slams Arsenal after 0-0 draw with Man City
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: You aren’t going anywhere – Clichy slams Arsenal after 0-0 draw with Man City