BREAKING: Don Jazzy to produce tracks for D’banj’s 10th anniversary album

Forum 9 years ago

BREAKING: Don Jazzy to produce tracks for D’banj’s 10th anniversary album

A soft re-union of former partners, D’banj and Don Jazzy is in the offing.
Two years ago, arguably Nigeria’s best music partnership crashed irrevocably when Don Jazzy and his long-term partner, D’banj decided went their separate ways in acrimonious circumstances.

Since the controversial break-up, fans of the two music stars, who have both established new labels and made new friends but with contrasting fortunes, have been left wondering if a reunion is ever possible between the self-styled Kokomaster and producer, Don Jazzy.

We can tell you there is some good news regarding that as a soft re-union is in the offing.
D’banj, who is currently in Los Angeles, spoke with Beat FM presenters, Olisa AdibuaandMaria Okanvia telephone today, confirmed that Don Jazzy is producing some songs for him.
[ads4]
According to D’banj: ‘Ten years ago, October 4, 2004 to be precise, I got on stage to perform for the first time and now ten years later D’banj has become a brand. Don Jazzy worked with me from the beginning and I can tell you for sure that my 10thanniversary album will drop soon and there are many producers on it, including Don Jazzy.’
It would be recalled that the two, born as Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo and Michael Collins Ajereh, were responsible for the establishment of Mo’Hits Records, one of Nigeria’s most active labels this decade, founded in 2004 with D’banj as its first recording artist and Don Jazzy as CEO/President with other artists including Wande Coal, Dr SID, D’Prince and K-Switch.
Growing in spread and strength, Mo’ Hits conquered the Nigerian music scene in no time, with several awards, performance deals and endorsements to show for the achievements until April 2012 when it all ended in a bitter feud between two of the most relevant figures in the Nigerian entertainment industry.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 1 hour ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 1 day ago

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna
Forum | 2 days ago

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna

Forum | 3 days ago