I Studied To Please My Father – Funke Akindele

Forum 9 years ago

I Studied To Please My Father – Funke Akindele

Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele a.k.a. Jenifa has disclosed that studying Law at the University was to please her father, who wanted her to be a lawyer.

The talented actress said she has always had passion for entertainment, and that even though she does not have the intention to practice what she studied in school, she enjoys it, adding that Law is interesting and beautiful, which she reflects in her stories in movies.

Funke also gave credit to her mum whom she said understood and gave her the opportunity to try her hands in acting, which eventually paid off.

Funke Akindele, who started her acting career in the English speaking sector of the Nigerian film industry, which is regarded as the core Nollywood, stated that she did not get the needed fame from that area and got frustrated and this made her leave for the Yoruba speaking aspect of Nollywood.

The actress got a big break in the movie industry after she released her self-produced flick, ‘Jenifa’, and is now very busy in the English speaking area of the film industry in Nigeria.

Funke also said that the difference between the two industries is that the English actors are better paid, while those in the Yoruba sector make more money through movie production.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Mohbad’s Father Sets Up GoFundMe For More Donations
Forum | 5 days ago

Mohbad’s Father Sets Up GoFundMe For More Donations

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial
Forum | 5 days ago

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial

I Wouldn’t Be Where I’m Without You - Tobi Makinde Defends Funke Akindele
Forum | 1 week ago

I Wouldn’t Be Where I’m Without You - Tobi Makinde Defends Funke Akindele

Jide Awobona slams those criticizing him for not defending Funke Akindele
Forum | 1 week ago

Jide Awobona slams those criticizing him for not defending Funke Akindele