Modern Family star Sarah Hyland Granted Restraining Order Against Ex Boyfriend After He ‘Choked Her’

Forum 9 years ago

Modern Family star Sarah Hyland Granted Restraining Order Against Ex Boyfriend After He ‘Choked Her’

Modern Family actress Sarah Hyland has been granted a temporary restraining order against her ex boyfriend Matthew Prokop, according to a new report. The 23-year-old claims she was choked, pushed, and threatened by Prokop in court documents obtained by TMZ.

In the court papers Hyland says it was only when her Modern Family co-star Julie Bowen stepped in that she was able to break free of 24-year-old Prokop.

The actress alleges she experienced four years of abuse at the hands of Prokop during their relationship. Hyland describes an incident where she claims she was pinned against a car during an argument with Prokop in May. During the altercation she says the young man choked her and called her a ‘c***’ over and over again. ‘His grip was so tight that I could not breathe or speak,’ Hyland said in the documents. ‘I was scared and in fear for my life.’

Hyland then describes how she got her TV mother Bowen involved to help her ‘peacefully end the relationship.’

The actress, who plays Bowen’s daughter Haley Dunphy on the hit ABC comedy, flew out her beau to his home in Texas earlier this year.

But when Prokop arrived and saw everyone in his house, including Bowen, he ‘ran outside into the backyard and began screaming’, according to the documents. Hyland then says that Prokop threw a ‘lighter’ at her, whichtriggered Bowen to step in and. get her out of the house as she ‘wasn’t safe’.

She also claims that Prokop threatened to commit arson by setting one of her homes on fire and to get rid of her dog.

Following their split, Sarah says her former boyfriend “relentlessly bombarded me with vile, threatening and emotionally disturbing texts and voice mails including his own suicide threats.”
[ads4]
The former couple started dating after meeting while auditioning for High School Musical 3: Senior Year in 2008. They later starred together in the Disney Channel film Geek Charming in 2011.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business
Forum | 16 hours ago

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business

I No Small - Cubana Chiefpriest Reacts After He Was Granted Bail
Forum | 16 hours ago

I No Small - Cubana Chiefpriest Reacts After He Was Granted Bail

Israel DMW Writes As He Poses With Cubana Chiefpriest After He Was Granted Bail
Forum | 17 hours ago

Israel DMW Writes As He Poses With Cubana Chiefpriest After He Was Granted Bail

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth