Chris Brown Admits That He Was Embarrassed Of Weight Gain After Leaving Jail

Forum 9 years ago

Chris Brown Admits That He Was Embarrassed Of Weight Gain After Leaving Jail

You wouldn’t imagine that Chris Brown, 25, would be scared of anything, but in a new interview he admits that he was scared of potential ridicule for the weight he gained while he spent time in jail for a probation violation. Chris has been incredibly candid in recent interviews surrounding the release of X, perhaps in an attempt to prove that he really is a changed man whose focus is, above all else, on his music.

“My normal weight is like 180, I was 215 when I got out of jail… I couldn’t fit in my jeans, fit in my clothes,” Chris told Extra. “I was scared to go out, I was like man, people will see me and I look fat so after a while I went and played a lot of basketball, a lot of cardio, we did the New Flame video, BET Awards, a couple of other shows, I was always dancing, always dancing, trying to get my body back.”

Well, it clearly worked! It’s understandable that being in prison caused him to gain weight, and it’s too bad that he feared ridicule following his release.

Chris also told the outlet that therapy has been doing a lot in helping him work through his various issues. Indeed, you can tell in his recent interviews that he has mellowed considerably from the angry young man he used to be.

“I see my therapist twice a week, it’s amazing and I was at first adamant about it, like, ‘I don’t want to go to therapy, I’m not going to talk to anybody,’ but as I went through it and kept talking, it’s actually very therapeutic,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky
Forum | 3 days ago

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term
Forum | 5 days ago

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term

EPL: Chris Sutton predicts Liverpool vs Crystal Palace, reveals major issue with Reds
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Chris Sutton predicts Liverpool vs Crystal Palace, reveals major issue with Reds

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton