Search engine optimization (SEO) is very important to any blog that wish to earn visits from search engines. It is categorized into on-page SEO which is optimizing done within your blog (i.e. interlinking) and off-page SEO which includes all promotions done outside your blog (i.e. link building). Although off-page SEO seem to be more common among bloggers as it carries much weight, the on-page SEO still plays an important role.
We are fully aware that gaining tons of traffic from search engines is like a dream come through to any blogger, but to achieve that you must work hard on SEO for your blog and building quality backlinks is an off-page SEO technique that seem to work best.
Briefly, i’ll be revealing 21 legal ways to build quality backlinks to your blog, but before we go on; note that Google which is probably your target for getting search engine traffic is totally irritated by spam and illegal links. Such links can be gotten from automated link building software or paid for. Remember to go with quality links and vary your anchor text as possible as you can.
Here Are 21 Legal Ways To Build Quality Backlinks To Your Blog
- Join blogging communities and submit your blog posts
- Use yahoo answers and link back to your blog as the source
- Join top relevant forums on your niche and include your URL to the signature box
- Drop relevant comments on do-follow blogs
- Signup to top social bookmarking sites and submit your posts
- Get into guest blogging and submit your posts with your URL where allowed
- Use image submission sites like Pinterest
- Display your posts on top social networks
- Submit your blog URL to top blog directories
- Ask other bloggers on your niche to exchange link with you. The link should be relevant and do not over do it.
- Utilize free press release sites such as PrLog
- Practice interlinking on your blog posts
- Kindly link out to other relevant blogs, it’s possible they will do the same in return
- Interview the big fishes in your niche and they are most likely to share it
- Request others to interview you
- Write pillar posts (They are normally long and informative). Such article earn more backlinks
- Include numbers in your post titles (i.e. 10 Steps To Start And Maintain A Successful Blog)
- Offer freebies on your blog
- Post new stuffs more often on your blog
- Write a post about the Top 10 or Top 5
- Submit your blog to classified ads sites
You don’t need to participate in illegal techniques to build backlinks to your blog; it’ll only get you penalized. Follow the above ways to gain quality backlinks to your blog.