Every blog owner does not want visitors to come to their blog and not spend time or never return. When a visitor is addicted to your blog, he / she will spend more time surfing your blog and will definitely return again for more info (this brings about high CTR and more comments). If you wish to retain your blog visitors, read on this post to know 8 things you need to do.
8 Things That Makes Visitors Addicted To Your Blog
1. Your post title and description – Nobody wants to read uninteresting posts and your post title & description shows the nature of your post. You may put related posts at the end of each blog post or sidebar, but if it doesn’t have an enticing title nobody will click to read it. When writing a blog post, spend enough time on the title and description because that’s what visitors see first. Make your post title interesting and try to bring out all the interesting stuff in the post via the description.
2. Ads organization – Do not fill up your blog with ads, you can just use few ads to make it look neat, simple and friendly. No one will enjoy reading posts on a blog filled with ads, it’s very annoying. Try to make all your ads look like part of your blog design. Bombarding visitors with ads doesn’t increase your click through rate (C.T.R), it simply turns visitors off and makes the blog look like a scam.
3. Your blog design – The design of your blog really matters. Avoid using too many flashy colors on your blog, but rather use simple colors to make it look neat and simple. Also make navigation on your blog easy by using breadcrumbs, placing your categories, search bar and subscription form where visitors can easily see them.
4. Content quality – Try to be informative and go straight to the point in your blog post. Never divert from a certain topic to another in a post. When your post provide visitors with the information they need, they are most likely to share your post and return back to your blog in order to acquire more info.
5. Regular posting – Keep your blog updated with fresh and interesting posts. Let your visitors find new topics to explore each time they return to your blog. Frequently updated blogs receive more returning visitors (I simply describe returning visitors as visitors addicted to your blog).
[quote2]Tips For Regular Blog Posting:
Always ensure to research deep on any topic you’re about to write on and present your visitors with interesting and useful articles. Avoid writing craps in order to post frequently.[/quote2]
6. Use of videos and images – Mix up your blog posts with images. A lot of people easily get bored reading only text posts. You can make your blog more interesting by adding images to posts and publishing videos occasionally. Videos and images makes your blog look more professional. Also keep in mind that images you include in a post should be relevant to the post topic (just like the image included in this post), and same goes for videos.
7. Freebies – Who doesn’t love free stuff. Use freebies to encourage your blog visitors. You can give them free EBooks, software related to your blogs niche (and also important to them). You’ll be surprised with the positive results you will get by just doing this once or even twice a week. This keeps your visitors coming back for more and more freebies.
[quote2]Advantages Of Freebies:
Increase in blog traffic
Increase in comments
Returning visitors (visitors addicted to your blog)
Boost in post sharing.[/quote2]
8. Comment – Almost every blog is comment enabled. If yours isn’t then you’ve missed a lot, but you can catch-up by simply enabling comment in your blog NOW! The essence of this is to give your visitors a voice in your blog, let them speak their mind, drop their suggestions and encourage you.
In order to make people addicted to your blog, you need to make them feel free and comfortable, you can’t achieve that if you don’t accept comments.
[quote2]Tip For Comments:
Always reply to comments when necessary and thank your commenters. This makes them feel more comfortable on your blog. They can comment and ask questions knowing that you will reply.
In conclusion, your main aim of writing is for visitors to read it, share it and comment on it, so you should concentrate on knowing what your visitors want and how to give it to them. I hope the above tips will help you retain your blog visitors. (ensure this post gets to your blogger friends)[/quote2]
Over To You!
Have you been receiving returning visitors? What’s your secret. How do you keep your visitors coming back for more. Let me hear from you in comments.