Claudio Ranieri Appointed As Roma Coach

Forum 5 years ago

Claudio Ranieri Appointed As Roma Coach

Claudio Ranieri has just been appointed as Roma coach until the end of the season, this is following his sack from Fulham.

The 67-year-old had just been sacked by Premiership club Fulham after just 106 days in charge before securing an immediate return to coach Italian football club, Roma.

‘I’m delighted to be coming back home,’ Ranieri said. ‘When Roma call you, it’s impossible to say no.’

The former Leicester City manager who was previous coach of Roma from 2009 to 2011 replaces Eusebio Di Francesco who was dismissed following the club’s Champions League last-16 exit at the hands of Porto on Wednesday.

‘Claudio’s from the city, he’s a Roma fan but more than that, he’s one of the most experienced coaches in world football,’ said Roma director Francesco Totti.

‘What we need now is a safe pair of hands to guide us back into the top four and ensure that we are playing Champions League football again next season. We have 12 games left and we need to win as many of them as possible.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 1 week ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England

Manu Garba appointed Golden Eaglets coach
Forum | 1 week ago

Manu Garba appointed Golden Eaglets coach

Court Removes Osun Monarch Appointed By Adeleke
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Court Removes Osun Monarch Appointed By Adeleke