‘Liverpool Can Still Win The Premier League Ahead Of Man City’- Micheal Owen

Forum 5 years ago

‘Liverpool Can Still Win The Premier League Ahead Of Man City’- Micheal Owen

Liverpool are still in pole position to claim a first league title since 1990 despite having watched Manchester City supplant them at the top of the Premier League table, thinks Michael Owen.

The Reds have failed to beat Manchester United and Everton in their last two away games, allowing the champions to seize the advantage in the race for the title.

City lead the way by a point as the season enters its final straight, and both sides have nine games left to play in what has become a two-horse race since Tottenham dropped out of contention with back-to-back defeats.

And former Reds striker Owen believes that, of the two, his former side have the kinder run-in, rendering them marginal favourites to land a first title in nearly three decades.

“It looks like it’s a two-horse race,” Owen told Goal .

“There’s only Manchester City and Liverpool that are potentially going to win the Premier League.

“I’ll feel sorry for whoever doesn’t because in any other year the second team would’ve won the Premier League by maybe 10 points.

“This year has been an exceptional standard and it’s going to go a long way yet.

“Liverpool now have played in recent weeks Everton away, Manchester United away and okay, their points have dropped a little bit, but now it changes. Now Manchester City have a more difficult finish.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 2 days ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 2 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman