‘Conte Acted Mad’- Chelsea Striker Costa Blast Manager

Forum 6 years ago

‘Conte Acted Mad’- Chelsea Striker Costa Blast Manager

Diego Costa feels Antonio Conte’s decision to tell him he has no future at Chelsea by text message was a “moment of madness”.

Costa, who is currently staying away from Stamford Bridge in a bid to force through a transfer to former club Atletico Madrid, said he thought it was “disrespectful” of the Chelsea head coach to inform him in such a manner.

The Spain international has been strongly critical of his employers, and last week accused the club of treating him “like a criminal” – a suggestion laughed off by boss Antonio Conte.

His latest comments come on the back of news that his agent, Jorge Mendes, is attempting to broker a return for his client to Atletico, who are the only club he will consider moving to.

Costa was pictured last week training by himself wearing a pair of Chelsea shorts, but has said he does not intend to return to their Cobham training base.

“Conte’s text? It was a moment of madness. It can happen, but I thought it was disrespectful,” he told MC News.

“I always asked to speak face to face with the coach and the board. I never sent [them] text messages, so it shows what kind of person he is.

“If something makes me sad about this situation, it’s [the fans’] affection as they’d always supported me, even during the delicate moments.

“If I’d been in the team for three years, it was for them and the dressing room, which was very much united. It was a great experience.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: Why Tottenham lost 2-0 to Chelsea – Postecoglou
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Tottenham lost 2-0 to Chelsea – Postecoglou

George Miller Has Another Mad Max Movie He’s ‘Certainly Working On’
Forum | 3 days ago

George Miller Has Another Mad Max Movie He’s ‘Certainly Working On’