BREAKING!! Liverpool Reject £113M Bid For Philippe Coutinho From Barcelona

Forum 6 years ago

BREAKING!! Liverpool Reject £113M Bid For Philippe Coutinho From Barcelona

Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands the latest offer was worth an initial £113m and the fee could have risen to £118m based on the Brazil international’s potential appearances at the Nou Camp.

Barca have failed with their two previous offers worth £72m and £90.4m.

Liverpool have insisted Coutinho will not be sold before the close of the summer transfer window, despite the 25-year-old handing in a transfer request in a bid to force through a move away from Anfield.

Barca general manager Josep Segura claimed earlier this week that the Spanish club were close to agreeing a deal for Coutinho.

However, when asked about Segura’s comments, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said: “I don’t know why other people are saying what they’re saying. I don’t even know him. I have never met him.”

Coutinho pledged his future to Liverpool in January by signing a new five-and-a-half-year contract, with the deal including no release clause.

Klopp has continually insisted that Liverpool are under no pressure to sell Coutinho and the midfielder is priceless to the club.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed
Forum | 3 days ago