Mbappe Needs To Return Home – PSG Officially Declare Interest In Monaco Striker

Forum 6 years ago

Mbappe Needs To Return Home – PSG Officially Declare Interest In Monaco Striker

Paris Saint-Germain manager, Unai Emery, has told Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe to sign for the Ligue 1 runners-up.

The 18-year-old has been subject of big bids from Real Madrid and Arsenal, but Emery insists the player needs to return “home”.

“When we speak of Mbappe here in Spain, we talk about Real or Barca. But I’m at PSG and I say: ‘What could be more beautiful than representing a French team?’.

“With all respect to Monaco, he should come to Paris, he has family here. His parents live here, he went to an academy here.

“We spoke of feeling, passion, desire – and what could be more beautiful than representing your city and being important.

“Obviously, I am biased, but that’s the feeling I had when I debuted for Real Sociedad.

“I don’t know if Real like him, or if Barcelona do or Tottenham or Arsenal do. But if he has to leave Monaco, I say: ‘What is better for him, for France, for PSG, that there be a union between the player and his city.

“I say it as I feel it,” the former Sevilla coach told a conference in Bilbao.

Emery also expressed his belief, that Mbappe will develop into one of the world stars of the game.

[ads4]

“It’s true that he’s going to become an icon, one of the icons of football in the future,” he noted.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel
Forum | 5 days ago

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England