Yaya Toure determined to win back place in City’s Champions League squad

Forum 7 years ago

Yaya Toure determined to win back place in City’s Champions League squad

Yaya Toure has said his next target is to force his way back into Manchester City’s Champions League squad, after rescuing his career at the club.

Pep Guardiola gave the Ivorian midfielder his first Premier League appearance of the season last weekend and he responded with a match-winning double at Crystal Palace .

Toure missed the 1-1 draw at Borussia Mochengladbach in midweek in the Champions League, as Guardiola did not register him for the competition.

He however made his second successive start in Saturday’s 2-1 win at Burnley and now wants to also play in the Champions League, when the knockout stages begin in February 2017.

“Of course, that’s why I stayed at City,” he told reporters.

“The most important thing is to help the team, and to also help the manager, who is very, very intelligent, very strong tactically. I think when the team gets all of his ideas we are going to be a great team.

“I have to keep working because [Guardiola] is a very, very, very professional person and he really likes football.

“I think that the most important thing for me is to keep working – those who work hardest always have more opportunities to play.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 1 day ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 1 day ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal