Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

FA Explains Why They Fined Man United Boss Jose Mourinho!

Forum 7 years ago

FA Explains Why They Fined Man United Boss Jose Mourinho!

Jose Mourinho was fined £50,000 after putting “an additional layer of pressure” on referee Anthony Taylor before Manchester United’s Premier League game at Liverpool last month, an independent commission ruled.

Mourinho was fined following comments to the media prior to the clash at Anfield, which ended in a 0-0 draw. The United manager was asked about the referee during a pre-match interview and answered: “I don’t want to say anything about it, but I think Mr Taylor is a very good referee.

“But I think somebody with intention, is putting much pressure on him, that I feel it will be difficult for him to have a very good performance."

”Mourinho accepted his comments constituted improper conduct, but denied they brought the game into disrepute. But a panel, chaired by former Republic of Ireland midfielder Gareth Farrelly, unanimously disagreed with Mourinho’s denial, on the balance of probabilities.

“Despite saying that he did not want to say anything, he contradicts himself by offering actual comment on the match official,” the commission concluded. “This opinion, his opinion, was that he felt it would be difficult for Anthony Taylor to have a very good performance. There was no need for Mr Mourinho to be drawn into offering an opinion.

“The regulatory commission considered this opinion to bring an additional layer of pressure and implication onto the referee, which could have had a negative impact on the game.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court sentences man for cloning Facebook account of Rivers SSG
Forum | 2 days ago

Court sentences man for cloning Facebook account of Rivers SSG

EPL: Man Utd players ‘convinced’ Ten Hag will be sacked
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Man Utd players ‘convinced’ Ten Hag will be sacked

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund