James Rodriguez learning Ronaldo’s bad attitude – Colombia legend, Asprilla

Forum 7 years ago

James Rodriguez learning Ronaldo’s bad attitude – Colombia legend, Asprilla

Colombia legend, Faustino Asprilla has stated that Cristiano Ronaldo is a bad influence on compatriot, James Rodriguez, with the Colombian playmaker replicating many of his Real Madrid teammate’s bad behaviours on the field.

James is the star turn within the Colombian national team ranks, as a performer gracing the books of one of world football’s biggest teams.

But Asprilla fears that time spent working with global superstars has gone to the 25-year-old’s head.

“He has seen too much negative body language from the talented playmaker of late, with his gestures towards team-mates that do not pass him the ball or perform as he expects mirroring those often seen from Ronaldo at Madrid,” Asprilla won 57 caps for his country said after Colombia’s 3-0 defeat to Argentina on Tuesday.

“Lately what I am seeing from James – who I love and respect a lot – is that his friendship with Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid is damaging him.

“He has the same gestures when they don’t give him the ball [in the Colombia team].

“When they don’t give Cristiano the ball he gesticulates to everyone. In Colombia [James] waves his arms at his teammates.

“At the start of the game he scowled at Alavarez Balanta and made a gesture. I don’t know if it was because he didn’t pass the ball or not.”

The former Newcastle and Parma forward believes James needs to show greater respect to his teammates – many of whom look up to him – adding that it is likely that he would ‘get a slap’ if he tried his international antics in any other team.

“The first thing James needs to do is help his teammates improve because he’s playing in a team of youngsters who respect him and no one dares say anything to him.

“In another team they’d give him a slap. At least in the Colombia side I played in we wouldn’t stand for it.

“It’s normal to argue with the referee and quarrel with rival players, but with your teammates it’s not.

“You can quarrel, but doing it because one of your teammates didn’t pass the ball is the ugliest thing you can do as a footballer. He’s picked up that habit from Cristiano Ronaldo, who does it every eight days,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky
Forum | 4 days ago

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma
Forum | 4 days ago

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term
Forum | 6 days ago

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term