"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Mikel disagrees with Rohr, clarifies Chelsea position

Forum 7 years ago

Mikel disagrees with Rohr, clarifies Chelsea position

MIKELObi has again disagreed with Nigeria coachGernot Rohr for the second time this week when he insisted he is not being shut out at his club Chelsea because he featured at the recent Rio Olympics.

Nigeria skipper Mikel said in a statement that Chelsea manager Antonio Conte supported him to feature at the Olympics and there is mutual respect between he, the manager and the Nigeria national team.

“Unfortunately comments made by Gernot Rohr before the 3-1 win over Algeria wereboth mistranslated and takenout of context by the Nigerianmedia, as English isn’t Mr Rohr’s or much of the Nigerian media’s first language.

“To be absolutely clear, Mr Conte and Chelsea were always fully supportive of mycaptaincy of the Nigerian team at Rio. “The manager gave me his full blessing to participate at the Olympics, and even encouraged me to bring back the gold medal – something I spoke to the media about at the time.

“It goes without saying there is nothing but absolute respect between myself, the Nigerian national team and Chelsea FC, something that was demonstrated by Mr Rohr’s recent visit to Cobham. “My only focus nowis on winning more silverware with Chelsea and getting Nigeria to the 2018 World Cup, two challenges I can’t wait to face in the coming months.”

Before the match against Algeria on Saturday, Mikel told the local media he wouldaccept a draw with the North Africans, while Rohr made it very clear the Eagles need to win at home to stay on course for Russia 2018.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Transfer: Chelsea will regret allowing 22-year-old star to leave Stamford Bridge – Agbonlahor
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Chelsea will regret allowing 22-year-old star to leave Stamford Bridge – Agbonlahor

Transfer: Chelsea remain keen on signing Osimhen, Arsenal not pushing
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Chelsea remain keen on signing Osimhen, Arsenal not pushing

EPL: He’ll be a problem next season – Noni Madueke on Chelsea team mate
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: He’ll be a problem next season – Noni Madueke on Chelsea team mate

Wellspring University clarifies the public on ownership of the University
Forum | 3 days ago

Wellspring University clarifies the public on ownership of the University