Legendary Cameroonian player, Rigobert Song fighting for his life after suffering stroke

Forum 7 years ago

Legendary Cameroonian player, Rigobert Song fighting for his life after suffering stroke

Ex-captain of the Cameroonian national team, Rigobert Song; is reportedly in a coma after suffering a stroke in his home country. Song was at his home in Yaounde when the incident befell him, French Sports magazine L’Equipe wrote on Sunday

He was rushed to hospital for treatment, but has slipped into a coma.

“I wish you a lot of courage and to get well soon, big bro,” former teammate Samuel Eto’o Fils wrote on social media.

Song, 40, captained the national side ‘The Indomitable Lions’ during their stretch as the most dominant side on the continent.
His most startling achievement was playing in four World Cups for his country over a 16 year period, first called for USA ’94 before representing Cameroon in France ’98, Japan/South Korea 2002 and – most extraordinarily – in South Africa 2010. In all he won 137 caps for Cameroon, where he achieved legendary status as the nation’s captain. During the course of his career he also played for Galatasaray, Cologne, West Ham, Lens and Trabzonspor.

He is the uncle of former Arsenal and Barcelona midfielder Alex Song, and had been working with Cameroon’s football federation in recent years.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria
Forum | 4 days ago

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again
Forum | 6 days ago

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again

Europa League: Not a quality player — Nainggolan slams Matteo Guendouzi
Forum | 6 days ago

Europa League: Not a quality player — Nainggolan slams Matteo Guendouzi