Quadri Aruna hopes to surpass quarter-finals record at table tennis World Cup

Forum 7 years ago

Quadri Aruna hopes to surpass quarter-finals record at table tennis World Cup

Africa’s number one table tennis player Quadri Aruna says he is using the French and Portuguese leagues to prepare for the Men’s World Cup in Saarbrucken, Germany.
The World Cup will serve off on Oct. 1 and end Oct. 3.
Aruna told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on telephone from his Portugal base that his target was to surpass his record at the 2014 edition where he reached the quarter-finals.

“I am doing normal practice with my Portuguese club. I am training with my teammates who are from across the globe.

“French and Portuguese league matches are getting me more prepared for the World Cup. Many people will be looking out for my performance being the lone African representative.

“I have a whole lot of responsibility on my shoulder following my achievements in recent times and I am trying not to disappoint anyone supporting me.

“At the 2014 World Cup, I lost in the quarter-finals and I am trying so hard to surpass that in this edition,’’ he said.
NAN reports that he was the first African to play at the quarter-finals stage of the World Cup.

The 2014 International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Star Player said the competition would be a tough one but that he would give it his best.

“The competition will definitely have the best hands in table tennis participating and it will be a keenly competed one.

“Apart from eyeing a medal, I will also use the competition to build up myself and increase my confidence level,’’ he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’
Forum | 4 days ago

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 6 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie