Schweinsteiger will not play under me at United – Mourinho

Forum 7 years ago

Schweinsteiger will not play under me at United – Mourinho

Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho, has warned Bastian Schweinsteiger that he would rather play youngsters than allow him feature for the club again.
Mourinho has banished the German midfielder from the first team, but Schweinsteiger is adamant he will not join another club in Europe.

His stance has made it almost impossible for United to offload the 31-year-old and Mourinho is not ready to reconsider his own position.

“I have 23 players in the squad and in principle nobody is leaving, because I don’t want anyone to leave,” Mourinho said.

“No-one is coming and 23 players is more than enough. If we have any kind of problem or any kind opportunity, I have a few young players in the academy that I will be more than happy to give an acceleration in that process and to bring them up now and again.”

Asked if Schweinsteiger could play for United again, the Portuguese said: “I think it’s very difficult to happen. I’m not saying it’s impossible, I’m saying its very difficult because we have made a decision made about Pogba, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Fellaini and Carrick, we have five players for two positions, so it’s very difficult for an opportunity to arise.

“I cannot answer for him. It’s his life, his career, he has a contract with Man United. He has a right to make that decision and stay, so that’s not a problem for us.

“Football is made of decisions. I did that all my career. Not just me, everyone does, but some players react in a different way.

“To be honest, Bastian is not speaking a lot. He gave his last statement, which he is completely free to make, in an objective way, like he did.

“I thought, when I read some quotes from people at Bayern Munich, they would run to Manchester to bring him back, but no, that didn’t happen. I’m quite surprised Karl-Heinze Rummennigge is not here to take him back.

“So I think we’re going to have a very quiet week, not surrounded by helicopters, waiting for somebody to leave or to arrive, so I am more than happy with the squad I have.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 1 day ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Forum | 5 days ago

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Tom Cruise Wanted to Play Rorschach in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Tom Cruise Wanted to Play Rorschach in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen Movie

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 1 week ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali