Enyimba did well in the CAF Champions League – Ikhana

Forum 7 years ago

Enyimba did well in the CAF Champions League – Ikhana

Former Enyimba coach, Kadiri Ikhana, has said there was a major improvement in the team in their CAF Champions League campaign, despite their elimination this week.
The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) champions, have lost all their three fixtures so far against Zamalek and Mamelodi Sundowns.

Ikhana pointed to the Match Day 1 defeat in Port Harcourt, as when it all started to fall apart for Enyimba.

“It actually pained me to the marrow the non-progression of Enyimba beyond the group stage of the CAF Champions League,” he told SuperSport.

“Last year we were unable to reach the group stage of the competition but reached the group stage in this year’s edition I think it’s a marginal improvement.

“We lost the steam to progress at home in the matchday 1 fixture clash loss to Zamalek SC of Egypt.

“Although it’s really bad not winning any of the three matches so far played in the group games.

“However, I still believe they made progress in this year’s competition and something to build on.

“They just have to come back to begin serious planning for a possible quick return to the continent.

“I believe the experiences they garnered in the on-going competition will help them greatly in the event of return to the African stage.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Championship play-offs fixtures confirmed [Full details]
Forum | 1 day ago

Championship play-offs fixtures confirmed [Full details]

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 4 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 4 days ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry
Forum | 4 days ago

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry