'Hart should stay at Man City'

Forum 7 years ago

'Hart should stay at Man City'

The ex-Manchester United defender believes the 29-year-old can adapt his game at the Etihad Stadium and should not force a move away
Former England coach Gary Neville believes Joe Hart should stay at Manchester City and transform his game under Pep Guardilola.

The goalkeeper was left on the bench by Guardiola for City's first Premier League game of the season, with Willy Caballero preferred for the 2-1 win over Sunderland.

And Neville - who worked alongside Hart with the Three Lions - believes the 29-year-old should look to learn from the former Bayern Munich boss rather than find a new club.

"My advice to Joe Hart would be to stay exactly where he is," he said onSky Sports's 'Monday Night Football' programme.

"Pep Guardiola's obsession is to play out from the back, and it's not the strongest part of Hart's game. He could throw his toys out the pram but I would say for a year or two, he should stay.

"I think he should get his head down, and I think he has 10 years left at the top of the game. He could transform his game under Pep Guardiola.

"Whatever happens he should transform his game under Guardiola because I think Pep might be able to find a player who is better with his feet but for attitude, for working hard, Joe Hart should stay."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Arteta advises Man Utd on sacking Ten Hag
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta advises Man Utd on sacking Ten Hag

DJ Cuppy hints at marrying an Indian man amid difficulty in finding husband
Forum | 1 day ago

DJ Cuppy hints at marrying an Indian man amid difficulty in finding husband

The Man With Miraculous Hands Cast: Andy Serkis Joins Woody Harrelson in WWII Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

The Man With Miraculous Hands Cast: Andy Serkis Joins Woody Harrelson in WWII Thriller

EPL: Man City go top of table ahead of Man Utd vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Man City go top of table ahead of Man Utd vs Arsenal