'I'd slap the head off Ronaldo!'

Forum 7 years ago

'I'd slap the head off Ronaldo!'

The mixed martial artist has revealed his friendship with the Portugal captain but playfully insisted there is no competition when it comes to the pair's athleticism
Conor McGregor would 'slap the head off' Cristiano Ronaldo if the pair were ever to compete against each other, the Irishman has joked.

The Real Madrid star was recently pictured alongside the UFC Featherweight champion inside the Octagon, drawing comparisons between the pair's phycial conditioning.

However, if the two were to come up against each other, McGregor believes that he'd have no problem putting Ronaldo in his place.

"He didn't get in and spar but he's a nice guy and he's in some shape," He toldBT Sport. "But there's no competition, I'd slap the head off him.

My brother Ronaldo dropped by the gym today! He is an animal. Thank you @cristiano, much respect! I will see you for that Forbes number 1 spot next year. #ThisIsTheMacLife

A photo posted by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) onJul 24, 2016 at 5:01pm PDT
"He's in tremendous shape. He's a true athlete and a great guy, a good friend of mine. I've been talking to him a long time.

"He messaged me a long time ago on Instagram a good while back because I was wearing his underwear for the [Diego] Brandao fight."
McGregor, who fights Nate Diaz in a highly-anticipated rematch in Las Vegas on August 20, also playfully suggested that the lighting flattered Ronaldo in the photo.

"He anticipated the lighting, he was under the lighting and had the abs going, he had the pose. I went more lats and he went more abs!"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Forum | 2 weeks ago