Rio 2016: Look What Usain Bolt Said After Winning His Third Olympic 100m Gold

Forum 7 years ago

Rio 2016: Look What Usain Bolt Said After Winning His Third Olympic 100m Gold

Jamaica’s Usain Bolt again dominated the track and field to win three Olympic 100m titles by beating American Justin Gatlin to gold at Rio 2016.

Bolt, 29, ran 9.81 seconds in his final Olympics to replicate his success at Beijing 2008 and London 2012.

Doping tainted, Gatlin was 0.08 seconds behind Bolt, with Canada’s Andre de Grasse in third.

De Grasse took bronze in a personal best of 9.91, ahead of Bolt’s Jamaican team-mate Yohan Blake.

Bolt remains on target to leave Rio with a third successive Olympic treble, having won the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay titles in 2008 and 2012.

“Somebody said I can become immortal,” said Bolt. “Two more medals to go and I can sign off. Immortal.”

“It wasn’t perfect today, but I got it done and I’m pretty proud of what I’ve achieved,” he said. “Nobody else has done it or even attempted it.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 hours ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Sydney Sweeney Responds to Producer Who Said She ‘Can’t Act’ & ‘Isn’t Pretty’
Forum | 5 days ago

Sydney Sweeney Responds to Producer Who Said She ‘Can’t Act’ & ‘Isn’t Pretty’

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 5 days ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 6 days ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central