Valencia rule out Alcacer sale

Forum 7 years ago

Valencia rule out Alcacer sale

The striker has been linked with a summer switch to Barcelona but Los Che president Lay Hoon Chan says the club are not entertaining the prospect of losing their captain

Valencia have ruled out selling captain Paco Alcacer this summer amid speculation linking the striker with a move to Barcelona.

Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique has made no secret of his desire to sign a new marksman ahead of the 2016-17 La Liga campaign, but the club have so far struggled to land a number of targets.

Reports in Spain claim the Catalan giants have now turned their attentions to Alcacer, who scored 13 goals in 34 league appearances for Valencia last season.

However, Valencia president Lay Hoon Chan insists the club have no intention of allowing Alcacer to leave Mestalla.

Speaking at a fan club event, she said: "We will work very hard to improve our team. I am sure that our team will be better this season. For anyone with any doubt, we do not want to sell.”
Luis Enrique refused to comment on speculation linking Barcelona with Alcacer, telling reporters on Saturday: "I have a rule not to comment on players who do not play for us, otherwise I would have had to talk about more than 543 strikers."
Valencia boss Paco Ayestaran was also present at the event and told supporters he is confident the club will bounce back from last season's disappointing campaign.

Los Che finished 12th and just six points above the relegation zone in 2015-16.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 1 week ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail

Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello