Arsenal tracking Exeter starlet

Forum 7 years ago

Arsenal tracking Exeter starlet

The 15-year-old – the son of Arsenal academy coach Kwame Ampadu – is being eyed by the Gunners after recently making his debut for the League Two side

Arsenal are interested in signing highly-rated 15-year-old defender Ethan Ampadu from Exeter City.
The starlet, regarded by many as one of the most promising talents in England, became the youngest player to make his debut when he started at centre-back for the Grecians on Tuesday night in their EFL Cup match against Brentford.

"The biggest compliment I can give him is that he plays like a 35-year-old,' Exeter boss Paul Tisdale toldBBC Radio Devon.

"That's not normally the English way - we like drama, we like spark. But we don't often encourage and cultivate subtle, classy players, and he's one of those."

"He finished school and he came straight in to train with the first team." Ampadu's father, Kwame, who currently works as a youth coach at Arsenal and is likely to play a huge part in bringing his son to the Gunners' Hale End academy, said.

A Welsh Under-17 international who is also eligible to play for Ghana, England and Ireland, Ampadu has yet to sit his GCSEs and will turn 16 in a month.

Nevertheless, a host of top flight clubs, including Arsenal's north London rivals Tottenham, tracking him.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice

EPL: We prefer Arsenal lose, they won’t drop points – Guardiola
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: We prefer Arsenal lose, they won’t drop points – Guardiola