Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigerian swimmer, Tonjor grateful for ‘exciting’ experience

Forum 7 years ago

Rio 2016 Olympics: Nigerian swimmer, Tonjor grateful for ‘exciting’ experience

Nigerian swimmer, Rachael Tonjor, has said that experience at the 2016 Olympic Games was an “exciting” one, as she learnt new things that will help her improve.
Tonjor has crashed out of the women’s swimming 100m breaststroke competition, despite finishing third in heat one of the event.

She finished in 1:21.43secs, behind Kos Island’s Zeqiri Rita and Nepal’s Singh Gaurika.

“The experience in Rio has been very exciting. I have learnt a lot of lessons here which will help improve my career in swimming. One of them is to improve on my entering time,” she told CompleteSports.

“I am satisfied for with my performance but it was rather unfortunate that I couldn’t continue more than where I stopped. But it is more satisfying for me to be an Olympian before I retire from swimming. It’s wonderful it is the peak of the career for every sport man and sports woman.”

Tonjor is Nigeria’s record holder in the women’s 50m breaststroke, 100m breaststroke and the women’s 100m individual medley.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Former Nigerian Ambassador to Canada dumps PDP, joins APC
Forum | 16 hours ago

Former Nigerian Ambassador to Canada dumps PDP, joins APC

EPL: Rio Ferdinand gives verdict on Arsenal’s title chances
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand gives verdict on Arsenal’s title chances

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund

Police Gives Update On Nigerian Singer Abducted By Gunmen In Delta State
Forum | 1 week ago

Police Gives Update On Nigerian Singer Abducted By Gunmen In Delta State