OFFICIAL: Bournemouth sign Smith

Forum 7 years ago

OFFICIAL: Bournemouth sign Smith

The Australia international has followed in Jordon Ibe's footsteps by making the switch from Anfield to the Cherries, signing a four-year deal at the Vitality Stadium

Bournemouth have completed the signing of full-back Brad Smith from Liverpool.

Smith, 22, has signed a four-year deal with the Cherries after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee, which Goal understands is in the region of £6m.

The Australia international becomes Bournemouth's sixth summer signing ahead of the new Premier League season and joins former Liverpool team-mate Jordon Ibe in making the switch from Anfield to Eddie Howe's side this summer.

“It’s a great stadium here and it’s a great opportunity for me to come and play in front of the fans,” Smith told Bournemouth's official website. “Hopefully I’ll do well, learn a lot and progress in my career.

“Bournemouth did really well last season and I think the club can be a great team in the Premier League for many years to come. They’re just getting started really.

“I think it’ll be a good fit for me and I can’t wait to get going here.”

Bournemouth's chief executive Neill Blake added: “He is another excellent young player that we believe can progress under Eddie and Jason’s guidance, but he also brings with him experience of playing at the highest level in both the Premier League and on the international stage with the Socceroos.

“It is an exciting time for us as we bring yet another promising prospect into our progressive squad.”

Smith joined Liverpool's youth system in 2008 and went on to make his top-flight debut for the club against Chelsea on 29 December, 2013.

The Penrith-born defender enjoyed a breakthrough campaign under Jurgen Klopp last season, making 10 appearances in all competitions for the Reds.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
New Bad Boys: Ride or Die Poster Previews Will Smith and Martin Lawrence’s Next Adventure
Forum | 6 days ago

New Bad Boys: Ride or Die Poster Previews Will Smith and Martin Lawrence’s Next Adventure

EPL: His best game in Arsenal shirt – Alan Smith hails forward after 3-0 Brighton win
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: His best game in Arsenal shirt – Alan Smith hails forward after 3-0 Brighton win

Transfer: Swedish club, Norby IF sign Nigerian youngster
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Swedish club, Norby IF sign Nigerian youngster

Apple’s Scarlett Johansson & Channing Tatum Movie Gets Official Title
Forum | 1 week ago

Apple’s Scarlett Johansson & Channing Tatum Movie Gets Official Title