Rooney excited to play alongside Ibrahimovic

Forum 7 years ago

Rooney excited to play alongside Ibrahimovic

The Swedish legend is a new face at Old Trafford after signing from Paris Saint-Germain, and the England captain believes his pedigree will prove a great asset for the club

Wayne Rooney has admitted he is looking forward to playing alongside new signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the Manchester United attack.

The former Sweden international joined Jose Mourinho's team from Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer in the summer.

Zlatan has a record of winning titles almost unmatched in European football, and Rooney believes he will be a great asset at Old Trafford.

"I am [looking forward to playing alongside him]," the 30-year-old forward explained in a Facebook Q&A as United compete in the International Champions Cup in Beijing.

"He's been one of the best strikers in world football over the last 10 years. He's always won trophies wherever he's been. He's a huge character.

"So I'm looking forward to getting back training with him and then hopefully forming a good partnership with him and being successful together."

United face rivals Manchester City on Monday, after losing their first International Champions Cup clash 4-1 at the hands of Borussia Dortmund.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Black Panther Actor ‘Would Love To’ Play Batman
Forum | 1 day ago

Black Panther Actor ‘Would Love To’ Play Batman

UCL: Harry Kane breaks record as Bayern Munich play 2-2 with Real Madrid
Forum | 4 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane breaks record as Bayern Munich play 2-2 with Real Madrid

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley
Forum | 4 days ago

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley