The sky will be Alex Iwobi's stepping stone - Kanu Nwankwo says

Forum 8 years ago

The sky will be Alex Iwobi's stepping stone - Kanu Nwankwo says

Two-time African Player of the Year Kanu Nwankwo has lavished praise on fast rising Arsenal starlet Alex Iwobi, saying the attacker can do wonders as he has the talent and the right manager to guide him. The 19-year-old nephew of Jay Jay Okocha, Alex Iwobi has started Arsenal's last three matches, scoring three goals and providing three assists.

“He has the talent, he can do wonders in his career,” said Kanu Nwankwo, an Arsenal icon himself. “He has grabbed his own chance and he is doing well. I’m happy for them.

“Age is on his side and with focus, the sky will just be his stepping stone. I am not surprised about Iwobi’s rapid progress after I saw what he could do during Arsenal pre-season. Wenger will always give the young players opportunities to showcase what they have and it is left for the players to take their chance” the legendary footballer said

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 1 day ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

FG Kicks as Nnamdi Kanu Lists Conditions for Resumption of Trial
Forum | 2 days ago

FG Kicks as Nnamdi Kanu Lists Conditions for Resumption of Trial

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham