Football League hit three clubs with Financial Fair Play sanctions

Forum 8 years ago

Football League hit three clubs with Financial Fair Play sanctions

THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE has punished Premier League newcomers Bournemouth over a breach of Financial Fair Play rules.

The Cherries won promotion from the Championship last season but 'deviated' over the permitted £6million given to each club.

Championship sides Fulham and Nottingham Forest have also been found to have broken the rules.

"All three exceeded the maximum permitted deviation of £6m - consisting of a maximum adjusted loss of £3m plus a further maximum of £3m of shareholder investment," a Football League statement read.

"Champions AFC Bournemouth will face a financial sanction to be finalised in due course, while Fulham and Nottingham Forest will be subject to an ‘FFP embargo’ for the remainder of the current campaign.

"Both clubs will have the opportunity to have their FFP embargo lifted at the end of the season by demonstrating that they have stayed within the maximum permitted deviation of £13m (£5m loss plus £8m shareholder investment) for the 2015/16 season."

Bournemouth's financial punishment for breaching FFP rules could see them fined over £10m if they are found to have spent over 100 per cent their permitted £6m deviation.
Forest and Fulham, meanwhile, will be unable to sign players in the January transfer window unless they meet the Football League's criteria.

The Football League also revealed Millwall exceeded breached the rules but will not face sanctions as they were relegated to League 1 last season.

The statement added: "Bolton Wanderers did not submit an FFP return owing to the club’s ongoing financial difficulties.

"As a result, the club will not be permitted to sign any players until it has complied with its obligations under the Championship’s FFP regulations."

Championship side QPR, relegated from the top flight last season, were fined around £8m in the summer for breaching FFP rules.

Chairman Tony Fernandes and other shareholders wrote off some £60m in loans, which avoided the fear of £50m Football League fine.

Rangers recorded losses of £65.4m in 2012/13 - but were able to show they reduced expenditure in 2013/14 by £22m.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 2 hours ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

I Was Irritated While Writing My Hit Song ‘Joromi’ - Simi
Forum | 2 hours ago

I Was Irritated While Writing My Hit Song ‘Joromi’ - Simi

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Forum | 3 days ago

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 4 days ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series