Guus Hiddink has told me he will be Chelsea's next boss, says former Blues striker Mateja Kezman

Forum 8 years ago

Guus Hiddink has told me he will be Chelsea's next boss, says former Blues striker Mateja Kezman

former Chelsea striker, says Guus Hiddink has told him he will be the man to replace Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge.

Hiddink is hotly tipped to take over on an interim basis at Stamford Bridge for a second time following Mourinho's departure on Thursday.

The Blues have yet to comment on the identity of Mourinho's successor but Kezman claims the Dutchman has already agreed a deal to step into the hotseat.

Quoted on the website of Croatian newspaper Index, the Serbian said: "I do not know if it is officially confirmed, whether the club has announced it, but Guus told me earlier.

"I am convinced that with him Chelsea will recover. I would even say they are one of the favourites for the Champions League."

Hiddink was also announced as Chelsea's new manager by his former employers in Australia on Friday.

Former Socceroos boss Hiddink was reported by Football Federation Australia to have been appointed as a temporary successor to Mourinho, despite no official confirmation.

On its website, the federation stated: "Guus Hiddink has taken temporary charge at struggling EPL giant Chelsea after the club announced they'd sacked coach Jose Mourinho overnight following the club's disastrous run in the English Premier League."]

Well-travelled Dutchman Hiddink managed Australia at the 2006 World Cup, helping the team reach the second round.

The official Socceroos Twitter feed also announced: "Our former boss has taken charge at @ChelseaFC - Good luck Guus!"

It now appears to be question of when, rather than if, Chelsea will announce the appointment of 69-year-old Hiddink, who had a caretaker spell in charge at Stamford Bridge in the closing months of the 2008-09 season and helped the team win the FA Cup.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 21 hours ago

SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 1 day ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie