Jurgen Klopp: West Brom midfielder James McClean labels the German manager 'an idiot'

Forum 8 years ago

Jurgen Klopp: West Brom midfielder James McClean labels the German manager 'an idiot'

West Brom midfielder James McClean has labelled Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp as "a bit of an idiot".

Klopp had some heated words with the Baggies manager Tony Pulis during the 2-2 draw between the clubs at Anfield on Sunday, and at the final whistle there was no handshake between the managers.

The Reds manager Klopp ran to celebrate Liverpool’s 96th-minute equaliser in the game with his players, although he was confronted by a member of West Brom’s backroom staff, coach Mark O’Connor.

"Obviously I have got respect for the man because he did a great job at Dortmund and that. But I think he is a bit of an idiot if I am being honest.

“In the game on Sunday...you can’t act that way. Win, lose or draw, you’ve got to be respectful.”

West Brom midfielder James McClean in action against Liverpool on Sunday

Liverpool, who have yet to win in their last three matches in all competitions, are next in action against Watford on Sunday, while McClean’s West Brom face Bournemouth.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 14 hours ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online
Forum | 2 days ago

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 3 days ago

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham

Forum | 3 days ago