Guess How Much The Eaglets Got For Winning U/17 World Cup?

Forum 8 years ago

Guess How Much The Eaglets Got For Winning U/17 World Cup?

According to Nigerian Pilot, members of the FIFA U-17 World Cup winning squad, the Golden Eaglets are still in shock after the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF handed them a 'princely' sum of N20, 000 each before they dispersed in Abuja last Thursday.

One of the players allegedly said: “It’s surely not the best way to treat heroes. The money they gave us could not even fetch us flight tickets to take us home to see our loved ones.’’

Another player said on phone yesterday: “I’ve heard about how badly players have been treated in the past. I didn’t think ours would come so soon. I am still, however, grateful to God we came home with the trophy. The victory has opened new doors of opportunity which we are already exploring.’’

NFF had earlier warned European clubs to stay away from the boys so that they could concentrate, but if this development is true. that is definitely not going to happen

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’
Forum | 18 hours ago

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’

EPL: Rio Ferdinand lists two matches that will stop Arsenal from winning title
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand lists two matches that will stop Arsenal from winning title

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 2 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie