I Almost Joined Real Madrid When I Was At Arsenal – Fabregas

Forum 8 years ago

I Almost Joined Real Madrid When I Was At Arsenal – Fabregas

He said: “There were contacts over several years and with different presidents.
[ads4]
No deal was ever closed.There were talks, but no final agreement. The decisive step was missing.

Fabregas, a Barcelona youth team product also revealed he misses his former club.

He said: “Clearly, I miss Barcelona. I spent much of my life there, I even went back to play for three years, but London is a city that has treated me very well.

Did Barca treat me well? It depends how you look at it, but I think so, yes. In the end it was no longer good, most of the fans weren’t happy.

I noticed it and had to step aside. The club went on their path and I went on another.

The Spain international who moved to Chelsea in the summer of 2014 also gave his thoughts on Chelsea’s abysmal start to the season.

He said luck was not on his team’s side this season.
He also said he gets on well with manager Jose Mourinho.

He said: “It was a very good year [last season]. It was excellent, with the exception of the Champions League. We didn’t lose a game in the competition [but went out] and … we won the Premier League and the League Cup.

This campaign is much harder. We’re doing things better, but we’re not having any luck. We have to start winning immediately.

I get on well with Jose Mourinho, very well. We have to be strong and united with the coach and the fans. We can only move forward that way. No one else will help us.”Fabregas is on international duty with Spain. He assisted Spain's first goal against England in a 2 – 0 win over the three lions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves