Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho Fails To Deny Radamel Falcao Exit Reports

Forum 8 years ago

Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho Fails To Deny Radamel Falcao Exit Reports

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho refused to dismiss claims that Radamel Falcao's loan spell at the club could be brought to a premature end in January.

The Daily Mirror reported on Monday that Falcao, 29, will be allowed to leave the Blues and find a new club, despite joining on a season-long deal in the summer.

Mourinho, speaking at his prematch news conference ahead of Tuesday's Champions League clash against Dynamo Kiev, was coy on the subject when asked by reporters.

First of all I don't know if it's true. To me he said absolutely nothing in relation to that," Mourinho said. "I speak with him every day.

It's quite strange the press know something I don't know and my club doesn't know. We don't have one single bit of information about it.

Falcao has started just one Premier League game since arriving at Chelsea, having had to settle for making an impact from the bench.
Mourinho said the striker needs to prove he is a better option than Diego Costa, who scored in Saturday's 2-0 win over Aston Villa, if he wants to secure more game time for the club.

What he has to do is play more? He has to give us more than Diego", he said. "We normally play with one striker. I always go for the performance level.

[ads4]
It's a direct competition between players for one position. The best one plays.

Mourinho also stressed that his trip to Kiev last week for Ukraine's Euro 2016 qualifying loss to Spain was to monitor his own Chelsea players, rather than scouting Andriy Yarmolenko, a rumoured transfer target for a host of clubs who last week signed a new five-year contract with Dynamo.

When people start some rumours they have to think a little bit before the rumour," Mourinho said. "Why? When Chelsea has Pedro, Hazard, Willian, Kenedy, [Bertrand] Traore and [on-loan Juan] Cuadrado, Victor Moses.
"We cannot make a collection of wingers. When people want to make rumours they have to find players in positions where we don't have so many.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 2 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 3 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 4 days ago

SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display