I Can't Say If Jose Mourinho Is Better Than Guardiola - Xabi Alonso

Forum 8 years ago

I Can't Say If Jose Mourinho Is Better Than Guardiola - Xabi Alonso

The former Real Madrid star has worked with both coaches but has refused to pick a favourite between them Bayern Munich midfielder Xabi Alonso has refused to pick a favourite between current boss Pep Guardiola and former Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho.

The former Spain international has often spoken about the role Guardiola played in his decision to leave the Santiago Bernabeu for the Allianz Arena.

However, he will not be drawn on whether Mourinho is a superior coach to his current boss, with Lothar Matthaus having thrown his weight behind the Portuguese on Monday.

"I'm proud of the coaches I've had but I won't say whether Mourinho's better than Guardiola," he is quoted as saying by AS.

"In any big club there's criticism when you don't win. We have a great coaching staff. Bayern are a big club and there's a lot of demand."

Alonso did, however, back Madrid to challenge for La Liga this season under new boss Rafa Benitez and wished his old team-mate Iker Casillas well following his move to Porto.

"Madrid will continue to fight for the title because they have a great team and a great coach," he explained.

"It's a new stage of Iker. He's a Madrid legend and in the years to come, he will be valued more. He deserves the best."

Robert Lewandowski's late goal handed Bayern a 1-0 win over Real Madrid in the Audi Cup final on Wednesday.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 2 hours ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job

SPORTFA Cup: It’s unacceptable – Guardiola reacts to 1-0 win over Chelsea
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORTFA Cup: It’s unacceptable – Guardiola reacts to 1-0 win over Chelsea

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 2 days ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 1 week ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)