Manchester United Is Not Big Enough For Lloris - Domenech

Forum 8 years ago

Manchester United Is Not Big Enough For Lloris - Domenech

The Red Devils have been heavily linked with a move for the Frenchman, who has been touted as a potential replacement for David de Gea, but he has been warned against a move

Raymond Domenech has urged Hugo Lloristo leave Tottenhamin order to play in the Champions League, but insists the Frenchman should reject a move to Manchester United.

The Red Devils have been heavily linked with a summer bid for Lloris, with David de Gea having told the club of his desire to move to Real Madrid.

The Spurs goalkeeper has repeatedly evaded questions on a potential move to Old Trafford, but former France coach Domenech insists that such a transfer would represent a sideways step for his compatriot, and says that he should only leave White Hart Lane to join a top-three Premier League side or a major club abroad.

"I have no decision to take for him, but in my opinion he has to play in Chelsea, Arsenal, or Manchester City, to play in the European Cup," he is quoted as saying by theDaily Mail.

"Tottenham is a big club – it is not the biggest.
Manchester United qualified for the Champions League, but I can't see really the difference with Tottenham.

"For me, it's Chelsea, Arsenal, or Manchester City. Because I think Manchester United is no more a big club, in England, for me. I think like that.

"I think Arsenal will be every time a big club, Chelsea also – City is becoming a big club – but I think United is with Tottenham, with the other clubs. Not one of the biggest clubs, so there's no difference.

"For me, he's a great goalkeeper so he needs to be in the best English club, or French, or Italian, or German."
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries
Forum | 6 days ago

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali