John Obi Mikel Set To Leave Chelsea For Al Ain

Forum 8 years ago

John Obi Mikel Set To Leave Chelsea For Al Ain

John Obi Mikel has been at Chelsea for nine seasons, after the Nigerian international midfielder moved to London from Lyn in 2006.

Obi Mikel’s time at Chelsea has been hugely successful, as he has won 10 major trophies, including the Premier League, Europa League and Champions League, in his time with the Blues.

Now 28, and with Nemanja Matic firmly ensconced as Chelsea’s starting holding midfielder, news has been doing the rounds that Obi Mikel is looking for a move away from the Pensioners.

Former Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan has now revealed his understanding that Obi Mikel will be joining him in the Gulf, as the midfielder gets ready to sign for Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates.

As reported by The National, Gyan told local news network Metro TV this week:

I heard it this week that he has agreed terms with Al Ain and will most definitely be playing for us next season. It’s great news for us because Mikel Obi is a very good player and very experienced.

It will be exciting playing with him in the same team, because I believe both of us, with the help of our other colleagues, can do more for the club.

John Obi Mikel has famously only ever scored one goal for Chelsea in the Premier League, during a 2-0 win over Fulham back in 2013.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images
Forum | 8 hours ago

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie
Forum | 1 day ago