I’ll Always Regret Not Winning The Title With Liverpool – Steven Gerrard

Forum 8 years ago

I’ll Always Regret Not Winning The Title With Liverpool – Steven Gerrard

The only regret Steven Gerrard, who is set to leave Liverpool will have, is not winning the premier league.

The veteran midfielder will make his final Anfield appearance again crystal palace on Saturday. He could make a potential 710th appearance if he features in the Reds last game.

The 34-year-old costly mistake against Chelsea last season cost Liverpool the title and Liverpool have missed out on the chance of winning the league this season.

Speaking to LFCTV, he said: “I look back at it with pride, I’m really proud of what I’ve achieved here.

“All the trophies I’ve won and all the great memories I’ve had, but certainly, not winning the Premier League will certainly be a dent in that.

“There’s nothing I can do it about it now, it’s certainly a regret I’ll go away with, but I’ve got to look at the big picture.

“Growing up as a boy and dreaming of playing for Liverpool, just that one time, sitting here now with 708 appearances, I’ve achieved an awful lot more than what I thought I would at the beginning.”
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold

Steven Spielberg Working on UFO Movie Based on Original Idea
Forum | 6 days ago

Steven Spielberg Working on UFO Movie Based on Original Idea

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 1 week ago

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage