Mourinho Is Greater Than Wenger & Guardiola – Cesc Fabregas Says

Forum 8 years ago

Mourinho Is Greater Than Wenger & Guardiola – Cesc Fabregas Says

The Spanish international midfielder believes the Portuguese coach has a “magic touch” and believes his desire to win places him above Pep Guardiola and Arsene Wenger

Cesc Fabregas has claimed that Jose Mourinho is the best manager he has played under.

Chelsea wrapped up their first Premier League title in five seasons with a 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace on Sunday and Fabregas believes Mourinho’s influence on that triumph cannot be underestimated, crediting his winning mentality as a key factor in Chelsea’s success.

The Spaniard has worked under esteemed coaches such as Pep Guardiola, Vicente del Bosque and Arsene Wenger in his career, but says that Mourinho is number one.

[ads4]
“He (Mourinho) just loves winning,” the 28-year-old said. “I’m not just saying other managers I have played under don’t, but he has some edge that goes above anyone else I have ever been with.

“The mentality shows every single training session, or game. I now understand why he has won what he has won in his career.

“Yes, Mourinho has a touch of magic, 100 per cent. He knows how to manage a team, he knows how to get the best out of you, and that’s what you want from a manager. 100 per cent.”

Fabregas also warned the Blues’ rivals that this season could be just the beginning of a protracted spell of dominance for Mourinho’s side.

“Hopefully it will be the start of a new era, a new team. Hopefully the new players now feel this winning mentality can go on for a long time,” he added.

“Even obviously we have the likes of John Terry, Didier Drogba, Petr Cech, Branislav Ivanovic and Jon Obi Mikel, they have all been here seven or eight years, even longer.

“I have always said since the beginning of the season that it is a very young talented team, and that as well is one of the causes that made me sign for the club, is that, potentially, this team can be one of the best in Europe.”

Source: Goal.com

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 1 day ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City