We're not afraid of Flying Eagles – Congo coach

Forum 9 years ago

We're not afraid of Flying Eagles – Congo coach

Congo coach Paolo Berrettini has said his team do not fear Nigeria and will fight to win today’s decisive AYC Group A match against the six-time champions.

On Sunday, Congo forced Cote d’Ivoire to a 1-1 draw in the second Group A match at the Leopold Sedar Senghor Stadium in Dakar.

Their goal was netted by Raja Casablanca of Morocco ace Silvere Ganvoula Mboussy in the 75th minute after they fell behind after 37 minutes.
[ads4]
“I will focus on my team against a big team from Nigeria. We must play to win and qualify for the semifinals,” said Berrettini.

“Against Cote d’Ivoire, we did not have a good first half as we did not play as well as our opponents. But in the second half we came back into the game.”

Congo, who eliminated defending champions Egypt in the qualifiers, boast of five full internationals led by striker Georges Bidimbou who were at the recent AFCON in Equatorial Guinea

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Am Willing to Appear in Court, But Afraid of Arrest – Yahaya Bello
Forum | 20 hours ago

I Am Willing to Appear in Court, But Afraid of Arrest – Yahaya Bello

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria
Forum | 1 week ago

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 1 week ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England