My Eagles place not threatened, says Michael Babatunde

Forum 9 years ago

My Eagles place not threatened, says Michael Babatunde

Nigeria international and Volyn Lutsk player Michael Babatunde has said he is ready do all it take to return to the Super Eagles team.

The midfielder who clocked 22 on December 24, 2014 is yet to play for the country since suffering an injury against Argentina at the Fifa World Cup Brazil.

While expressing his delight to full fitness, he said his five – month absence from the national team, he said he is willing to work very hard to get a call up for future games.

"I feel very bad but that is the game for you. I was injured twice and went for surgery twice but thank God I’m back on my feet again,” Babatunde told Wl.

"Football is a game where people get a chance to exhibit their skills and you expect the coach to seek for alternatives in the absence of others.
[ads4]
"Well, I’m not worried whether I will lose my place in the team or not – it is just a wakeup call for me to get back to my best towards getting a national team call up while I leave the rest for national team selectors to invite me.”
Babatunde also revealed that his best moment in 2014 was representing the country at the 2014 Fifa World Cup which promising to do better in 2015.
"It is was no easy feat playing for my country at the Fifa World Cup – which I think is the biggest thing to have happened to me this year, he continued.
"I would have expected to play more games in the tournament but for the injury. All the same, I give God all the glory.
"Since my return from the Brazil World Cup, my fans have tasked me to do more which I think is my driving force. In 2015, I hope to do more while praying I stay out of injury too,” he concluded.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana
Forum | 6 hours ago

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive
Forum | 6 hours ago

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie
Forum | 1 day ago

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope
Forum | 1 day ago

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope