The 29-year-old striker has not featured for La Roja since November 2013 but he claims that he does not mind if he no longer retains the confidence of Vicente del Bosque
Fernando Llorente says he is not going to cry over his continued exclusion from the Spain squad, insisting his sole concern is on helping Juventus win their Champions League group decider with Atletico Madrid next month.
The towering striker has not been summoned by Roja coach Vicente del Bosque for a year - despite a fine debut campaign in Serie A last season.
Llorente has found goals more difficult to come by this term but he netted the opener in Wednesday night's 2-0 win at Malmo, which has left Juve needing only a point at home to Atletico on December 9 to progress to the last 16 of the Champions League.
However, the Bianconeri would claim top spot if they were to beat Atletico by two clear goals, given they were defeated 1-0 by the Spanish champions at the Vicente Calderon on matchday two.
The game in Turin clearly represents an excellent opportunity for Llorente to impress before a Spanish television audience, which will most likely include Del Bosque, but the former Athletic Bilbao forward says his primary focus is on victory.
“I’m not going to cry if I don’t get into the national team," Llorente told Sky Sport Italia.
"I don’t know if I have the confidence of the coach. I only know that I have to continue working well with my club.
"We have to win against Atletico and we will try to clinch first place in our group.”
However, Llorente admitted that he is happy with his recent form, having netted three times in his last three outings in all competitions.
"I am working well and I think it shows on the pitch," the 29-year-old stated.
Llorente, who joined Juve on a free transfer from Athletic last year, has netted seven times in 24 previous appearances for Spain.