Suarez: I still cant believe I play for Barcelona

Forum 9 years ago

Suarez: I still cant believe I play for Barcelona

Luis Suarez has described playing for Barcelonaas the "ultimate" experience and says he finds it hard to believe he is now a player for the Catalans.
The Uruguayan joined the Blaugrana in an €88 million move from Liverpool in August and has only made three league appearances for his new club having been suspended at the start of the campaign for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.
[ads4]
Though the striker is still unable to feature for his country due to a ban which will keep him out until after next year's Copa America,he is counting his blessings to be a part of the set-up at Camp Nou.
"For me, it is the ultimate to play for Barca," Suarez toldFox Sports.
"When I was little and travelled to Barcelona I looked in stores with items from the club, and now I do not believe it. It doesn't seem like reality."
Suarez recovered from a knee injury to feature for Uruguay at the World Cup and confessed his pleasure at having scored against England in their group stage encounter.
"The two goals I scored against England were the most enjoyable of my career," Suarez said.
"They laughed at me when I had surgery [before the World Cup] and I said 'recover... but slowly'. I cried with joy for that, and for my family."
The 27-year-old netted an impressive 31 goals in the Premier League for Liverpool last season and admits his omission from the Ballon d'Or shortlist left him a little bemused.
"I understand that the Ballon d'Or is given to the player by the performance on the field and disciplinary actions. But it is not clear if it is done from July to June, or January to December," he stated.
"If it is January to December it is fine with me, but if they do the whole season I do not understand.
"I find it interesting, but I do not lose any sleep.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 17 hours ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

“Doing music wasn’t my dream, I wanted to play for Barcelona” – Zlatan
Forum | 1 week ago

“Doing music wasn’t my dream, I wanted to play for Barcelona” – Zlatan

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 1 week ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story