Ronaldo: I'm in the best form of my life

Forum 9 years ago

Ronaldo: I'm in the best form of my life

Cristiano Ronaldo claims he is in the best form of his life after a blistering start to the season.

The 29-year-old has scored 23 times in 17 games this term as Real Madrid have romped to the top of La Liga and already reached the last 16 of the Champions League.
Having enjoyed a stellar 2014 - blighted only by a World Cup group stage exit with Portugal - the Champions League winner and Copa del Rey victor was humble about his record-breaking efforts.
"Perhaps this is the best form I’ve ever been in but every year I try to improve on the previous one," he told reporters as he picked up Marca's Pichichi award for top goalscorer and the Alfredo Di Stefano award for best player in 2013-14.
[ads4]
"There will come a time when I cannot improve but I will at least be able to step up in terms of my figures. My statistics, in goals and assists, aren’t so bad.
"I want to keep learning and working hard in the same way I have been doing up until now."
Ronaldo is favourite to beat the likes of Germany and Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, Argentina and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, and Netherlands and Bayern winger Arjen Robben to this year's Ballon d'Or award in January, which would see him claim the accolade for the third time in his career.
"Winning an award for a second or third time is always good," the Seleccao skipper added. "My objective is always to win collectively, with the team, but also individually.
"I work very hard to be able to reach the level needed to win every kind of trophy. Playing football is what I enjoy and I will never tire of winning things."
Ronaldo has been selected in Portugal's squad to face Armenia in Friday's Euro 2016 qualifier before they clash with Argentina - and Messi - in a friendly at Old Trafford on November 18.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 22 hours ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

Best Cockfight Movies and TV Shows
Forum | 1 day ago

Best Cockfight Movies and TV Shows

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again
Forum | 3 days ago

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr