Ajimobi’ll break second term jinx

Forum 9 years ago

Ajimobi’ll break second term jinx

The political permutation in Ibadan, Oyo State capital changed penultimate Thursday as the patriarch of the Moyosore Aboderin family, Chief Abimbola Moyosore Aboderin joined the race for the Oyo South Senatorial District seat on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, (APC).
Aboderin, an international banker, defence expert, industrialist and hotelier is not new in the state’s politics, having contested, but lost the senatorial seat of the same zone on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party in 2003.
He was also a member of the Finance Committee of late Bashorun MKO Abiola’sHope 93 presidential electioneering campaign.
In this interview withMOSHOOD ADEBAYO, the former member of the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP), talks about his vision for the zone and the state. Excerpts:
What brought you into politics?
I am going into politics to make the difference as well as better the lots of my people through better representation. I am also heeding the clarion call of my people to use my national and international connect to bring dividends of democracy them.
I am also impressed by the uncommon transformation programmes of the current governor in Oyo State, Senator Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi.
What informed your choice of APC ?
Sincerely speaking, I was attracted by the leadership of the party at the national and state levels as well as the people-oriented programmes of the party in all the states they are ruling.
I must commend the state governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and his counterpart in Oyo, Senator Abiola Ajimobi for the wonderful works they are doing which have brought unexpected transformation to their respective states.
Ajimobi should be given another chance to rule Oyo State. It is by so doing that the people of the state will appreciate his transformation agenda.
Why are you contesting for senate?
Representing my people at the National Assembly will give me the opportunity to understand their problems which in turn will enable me proffer solutions to them through provision of dividends of democracy.
What are your chances, considering the fact that there are other aspirants?I do not have cause to fear because I am not in the race for selfish reasons, but on the clarion call of my people, who felt I have something to offer them and the state.
What differrence do you want to make in Oyo South which the incumbent lawmaker and others that had represented them had not made?
Since no two persons are the same, what I intend to offer will definitely be different from what the current representative or those who had been there in the past had offered.
I want to provide massive employment for youths in my zone, through a programme which for now I want to keep to my chest. As a financial and defense expert, I have planned my strategies to favour youths, aged people, women and others through efficient, selfless and result-oriented representation.
What makes you the best among senatorial aspirants from your zone?
Many things make me the best among others. Aside from my family pedigree which I am sure will work in my favour, my relationship with my people even before election will assist me as well as my international exposure and connection.
What are the chances of your party in the forthcoming election?
It is the birthright of all Nigerians to aspire for any elective office in the country. So I don’t see why any Nigerian from any part of the country can’t contest. What I am after is free and fair election where a loser would acknowledge it as such.
What are the chances of APC winning the next presidential election?
If we get it right with our presidential candidate, I am optimistic that APC will win the elections. So far all our presidential aspirants are popular politicians who could move the country forward if entrusted with power.
[ads4]
APC parades presidential hopefuls that, if anyone of them clinches the presidential ticket of the party, it will not be difficult to win the presidential election because of the welfarist programmes of the party.
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo had warned against a Muslim-Muslim ticket for presidential candidates, what is your take on this?
We don’t need to bother ourselves with where our next president comes from whether from the north or south; whether he is a Christian or Muslim. I think what is important is his ability to satisfy the yearnings of Nigerians as well as make Nigeria a land of our dreams with employment for our massive youths, foods on our tables and provision of basic amenities.
There are fears in some quarters that APC may adopt consensus arrangements instead of primaries to pick its candidates. How would you react to that?
Our leaders know the best for the party and I am sure they will adopt the best strategy for the party so that there will not be rancour among aspirants at all levels

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Senate Postpones Resumption From Recess For The Second Time
Forum | 4 days ago

Senate Postpones Resumption From Recess For The Second Time

BREAKING: Protesters Besiege PDP Secretariat, Demand Wike’s Suspension
Forum | 6 days ago

BREAKING: Protesters Besiege PDP Secretariat, Demand Wike’s Suspension

BREAKING: Another Judge Halts Ganduje’s Suspension From APC
Forum | 6 days ago

BREAKING: Another Judge Halts Ganduje’s Suspension From APC