"My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful" – 16-Year-Old Housewife

Forum 6 years ago

"My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful" – 16-Year-Old Housewife

A 16 -year -old housewife , Fatimah Mohammed, on Tuesday asked a Karu Upper Area Court , Abuja to dissolve her two years marriage with Tasiu Kasim , over alleged brutality and failure by Kasim to provide food for the family .

“ We got married in 2015 and I have a child with my husband , but since we got married there has been no peace in the marriage .

“ He is always fighting with me over petty and insignificant issues . He always beats me up whenever issues arise and these beatings are now unbearable for me .

“ Several times he was warned by elders in both families to stop beating me , but he refused .”

Mohammed also accused her husband of leaving his responsibilities to her mother , who catered for them .

“ My husband also abandoned his responsibility of taking care of me and my child. He doesn’ t buy us clothes and other basic necessities.

She also accused her husband of being jealous and in the habit of accusing her of dating other men .

“ My husband is very jealous and because I am beautiful , he is in the habit of accusing me of dating other men and ` selling my beauty for money .’

“ Is my mother who has been catering for me and my child,’’ Mohammed said.

She urged the court to dissolve the union , adding that she had already moved out of her matrimonial home.

Responding, Kasim , who did not deny any of the allegations, prayed the court to give him little time to talk to his wife if she could possibly change her decision .

“ I don’ t have much to say to the court because I love my wife , and I know that she loves me too . We got married because we love each other .

“ The court should give us a little time to enable me to approach her and sort out these issues . I do not consent to her request for a divorce, ” Kasim said.

The judge, Abdullahi Baba, adjourned the matter until Sept. 8 to enable both parties to sort out issues.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 3 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 6 days ago

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage
Forum | 1 week ago

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage